ExcellGene is a privately owned contract research, development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) based in Monthey, Switzerland. ExcellGene’s unique transient and stable protein expression technologies together with extensive knowledge and experience in the biotech field cover broad value chain for its clients: from DNA construction and transfection to bioprocess development of scalable and GMP-compliant protein production processes. ExcellGene’s technology is one of the most advanced for rapid production of recombinant proteins and up to several grams of product delivered within weeks.
In addition to the roles below, we are interested in getting to know exceptional individuals with high ethical standards that strive for scientific and technological excellence within a creative and team-oriented work environment. If this sounds interesting to you, please send us your application through the application form at the bottom of this page.
Lab Technician - Cell culture (biologics)
Posted 16th September 2020
In order to support our cell culture activities, we are looking for a Lab Technician - Cell culture (biologics).
- Plan and perform cell culture techniques with suspension-adapted mammalian cell lines (e.g. CHO and HEK): seed maintenance, transfection for protein production and stable pool generation, recombinant pool selection, stable cell line generation and optimization; batch and fed-batch cultures
- Perform general laboratory tasks (handling of stocks and ordering, preparation of reagents), and maintain the functionality of equipment
- Conduct experiments and provide support as defined by the Project Team Leader
- Keep an up-to-date written and electronic record of your laboratory work
- Support the preparation of process development report and presentations.
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture, as well as protein production from mammalian cells (transient and/or stable)
- Molecular biology skills are a plus
- Understanding of MS Office applications
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and autonomy
- With strong sense of discipline and with initiative with hands-on approach to work
- Good communication skills
- Generally independent, but with ability to work in teams
- Fluency in French, oral English is a plus.
- Educational background required: from technical (“CFC Laborantin”) to Bachelor Degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline
- 1-3 years of relevant laboratory experience.
Lab Technician - Analytics
Posted 17th September 2020
Under the supervision of the of the Head of Analytics, the candidate will actively participate in laboratory activities including but not limited to:
- The handling of biological samples and the preparation of chemical solutions in support to the analytical workflows
- The execution of experimental assays using different analytical techniques and following established operating procedures.
- The operation and the routine maintenance of the analytical instruments.
- The recording and reporting the experimental data following corporate guidelines and quality standards.
- Very good understanding of protein biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Solid hands-on experience with standard laboratory procedures (use of precision balances, pH measuring, preparation of buffers and solutions, etc.) and with a variety of protein-related routine analytical methods (ELISA, SDS-PAGE, enzymatic and spectrophotometric assays, etc.).
- Prior experience with Capillary Electrophoresis, microplate readers and imaging systems for SDS-PAGE would be a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office package, basic statistical analysis, a previous experience with the use of control and analytical software for microplate readers would be a plus).
- Scientific curiosity, proactiveness, initiative and willingness to learn.
- Rigorousness, strong sense of discipline and attention to details.
- Problem-solving and hands-on approach to work.
- Generally autonomous and able to work both independently and as part of a multicultural team within a matrix organization.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Good written and oral French and English.
- Minimum “CFC”, B.Sc. preferred in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- Proven previous experience in protein analytics within R&D, analytical or QC laboratories
- 1-2 years within industrial environment or at least 5 years in academia of post-graduate work experience as lab technician or equivalent.