Leading protein expression technologies for stable and transient
ExcellGene has had a unique focus on science since inception. The resulting proprietary cell culture technologies and know-how ensure the delivery of its' clients' projects on time and with a high degree of customization. These protein expression technologies are the foundation of ExcellGene's exceptional results, and some have redefined the biotechnology industry altogether.
What do you need?Bulletproof in-house protein expression A one-of-a-kind CHO host A single-cell suspension host system for TGE and VLP
CHO4Tx® CHO Transient Transfection Kit
Your antibody produced in three simple steps.
We made CHO transfection easy.
By reducing the attention required to key steps of a conventional transfection protocol, we’ve taken out the guesswork for you to obtain your antibody reliably, in high throughput manner and desired yield.
The Transfection Kits’ cells are derived from CHOExpress™ host cells. They boast a 15-hour doubling time, grow to high density, and have a transfection efficiency of over 90%. One transfection in a 10 mL culture tube typically results in 3-5 mg of protein.
Simply prepare your cells in the transfection medium, add your DNA, incubate for three hours, and add our production medium to get your protein within a week.
- An easy-to-use in-house TGE protein expression kit
- Your antibody produced in three simple steps
- No transfection reagent required
- One bulletproof protocol
- From milliliter to liter scale
- Reliable, high-yield production
- Works with CHO suspension cells
- Stable or transient transfections
Find out more about what CHO4Tx® has to offer.
CHOExpress™ host cells
The fastest growing CHO host for biotech
We developed a uniquely high-performing production host system for large-scale manufacturing. CHOExpress™ derivative clonal populations commonly show fast growth to densities over 20 million cells/mL, process yields over 5 g/L, and great robustness for high-scale manufacturing (100 doublings).
The cell line is the result of nearly a decade of work, and is validated with FDA and EMEA cell line documentation, including TSE, BSE and mycoplasma-free statements. The cell line is immortalized.
CHOExpress™ is highly compatible with other systems, and can be used royalty-free. ExcellGene will guide you in ensuring favorable phenotypes in CHOExpress™-derived clonal populations. Our knowledge on gene transfer and isolation of top-performing cell populations is at your disposal.
- A remarkable CHO host
- Fast-growing, high yields (> 5 g/L with many protein targets)
- Robust at high density (> 20 million cells/mL)
- Very high sub cultivation ratios possible (> 1/20)
- Stable and sturdy for large scale manufacturing
- Product quality equivalence from transient & stable production
- FDA and EMA validated. TSE, BSE, mycoplasma-free. Continuous cell line, immortalized.
Pioneering single-cell suspension for transient gene expression and virus like particle production
HEKExpress™ is a fast-growing, productive and robust HEK-293 derived cell line for large-scale manufacturing of recombinant proteins.
After nearly a decade of work with the adherent cell line, ExcellGene has generated an aggregate-free single-cell suspension culture with very high transfection efficiency. This also means scale-up in serum-free, animal component-free or chemically defined media is easy.
HEKExpress™ demonstrates the highest TGE yield ever reported in the literature (> 1g/L). HEK-293 cells are commonly used for academic research, and are very suited for transient gene expression. The host system can be licensed along with our proprietary chemically defined medium.
- A single-cell suspension host system for TGE and VLP production
- Highest transient expression yield ever reported in the literature (> 1g/L)
- Highly efficient in AAV9 production and lentivirus. Baculovirus-free
- Fully characterized, ready for cGMP master cell bank generation and cGMP production
- Single-cell suspension – no aggregates!
- Easy scale-up in various animal component free media types
- High cell density culture in ExcellGene’s CD media and feeds.